Request for Proposals Annual Funding Awards for 2019
The UUFSMA strives to promote self-sufficiency, empowerment for self-advocacy, community generated ideas, health and education focused on the residents of the Municipality of San Miguel de Allende. One way to facilitate this effort is to award annual grants to agencies/organizations to further these goals.
- Program Operations Grants
- One Time Project Grants
- Should be a Registered Asociación Civil (not for profit status)
- Community-based organization
- Overseen by a representative Board of Directors
- Demonstrates sustainability for the future
- Demonstrates financial transparency and has the ability to produce annual financial statements
- Can provide electronic recibos/facturas (recibo fiscal electrónico)
- Has the ability to produce outcome/operational reports on the programs funded
- Describe how the agency/organization meets the Applicant Requirements listed above.*
- Provide a brief description of the agency/organization’s mission and current operations.*
- Provide a description of the proposed program for which funding is being requested including:
- A statement describing the “target population” and the needs of this population.
- If the agency/organization was funded by UUFSMA in 2018, provide a program status report including program outcomes to date.
- What are the projected outcomes from the requested funding; for example, how many people will be served, training which may take place, number and type of scholarships which may be provided, etc.
- Program implementation plan including relevant timelines.
- How the program will collaborate with other agencies/organizations.
- Number of staff that may be hired, nationality of staff to be hired and brief job descriptions for each staff person.
- Provide a statement on how the program will be supervised including how the funds will be administered and accounted for. Also, identify what precautions will be taken to ensure any items purchased by the grant funds will be used for the intended purpose and will be secure/protected from theft or misuse.
- Other relevant information to the proposal.
- Provide a budget for the requested funding which includes a proposed timeframe for the expenditure of the funds.
- Provide the most recent agency annual report and financial statement.
- Proposals should be submitted in English and in Word format as an email attachment and sent to Dick Snyder, Chairperson, UUFSMA Social Action Committee at email@example.com. A copy should also be sent to Denise Galipeau, UUFSMA Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org . She will be assisting with distribution of the proposals for the review process.
- Proposals should be submitted by October 6, 2018 for consideration of funding during calendar year 2019.
- Identify agency/organization contact person with: name, title, address, telephone number and email address.
- Provide specific information on how payment checks are to be written and to whom and where they are to be delivered.
- End of year report on the outcomes for the UUFSMA funded program.
- End of year agency/organization Annual Report.
- End of year fiscal report including a report on the expenditure of UUFSMA funds.
- Periodic program status reports throughout the funded year.
- Other reports which may be identified following the review process.
Review and Approval Process:
- Grant requests will be reviewed and prioritized by the UUFSMA Social Action Committee.
- The UUFSMA Board of Directors will review and vote on the Social Action Committee’s recommendations.
- The UUFSMA Annual Membership Meeting will review and vote on the 2019 budget including the funding for the Annual Social Action Funding Awards by the end of March 2019.
- Programs will be notified of final funding decisions by early April 2019.
*Grantees currently funded may have previously submitted requested information and, therefore, will not need to resubmit all information.